Self harm is no joke

You always hear that self-harmers are "emo" or "attention seekers" but self-harm isn't a joke,it takes a lot get to the point of turning mental pain into physical pain.When you sit there and make fun of them,you're just making them pull down their sleeves,put on a pair of pants,and hide their skin even more,you're pushing them further and further into a hole,and if you don't be careful with what you say,that hole will turn into their grave.


Most of the people don't take self-harmers seriously.They don't realize how much pain they are in. In fact,they underestimate how much pain they are in.Don't you realize how upset someone must be to drag that blade across their skin?No,you don't. You don't joke about things like that,you shouldn't overlook to people who do that to themselves. In fact,you should help them.Don't disrespect those people,they are obviously in so much of pain,don't increase it even more. Don't tell them to do it. They do it as a release,for that moment they forget all their problems,everything,all they can focus on is inflicting the pain. The smallest scars can hold hours of tears and hatred;the frustration and hopelessness can't be measured in blood.They make excuses for wearing log sleeves. They will all know both the reliefs and the regrets of this brutal addiction. Self harm is a disease of the mind,and the amount of scars on the outside doesn't show the amount of suffering on the inside.

A short story on self-harm -
I baby sit this six year old, and I was wearing shorts today,and my scars were showing I guess. He poked them and he said 'I know how those got there' I replied "How?". He looked me straight in the face,and he says 'I've seen them before. My big big sister had them, and she said mean people put them on your body,when they weren't nice to you,because if people are mean,you end up being mean to yourself. My big big sister went away, I don't know where she went. Mommy said she's on a happy vacation somewhere,because she was too sad here. I miss her. Don't go on a vacation,please."

Comments